Someone says open a demat account for investing in shares. Then suddenly you come across an advertisement telling you to open an online trading account for share market trading. Which account do you really need? Well, the answer is simple you need both an online demat account as well as a trading account for trading in the investment markets. Let’s understand why you need both the accounts by exploring them further.
Need for a demat account
Earlier, physical paper shares were used by traders in the investment market. With online demat accounts, there was a transformation in the management of shares for ease of trading. Demat account acts like a bank for storage of shares owned by investors. So, when someone ventures into trading online, they will need to create a demat account to deposit their shares.
Online Trading account facilitates the trading of shares through tools and applications offered by the brokerage service provider. In stock market trading, you have to place orders to buy or sell your shares. If you decide to hold the shares, then they are stored safely in your demat account. When you buy the shares by placing an order through your online trading account, your shares are collected in your demat account. When you place an order for selling your shares through your online trading account, the deduction in your shares can be seen in your demat account.
Your equity broker will give you an integrated trading account that is connected with your bank and your demat account. So, the bottom-line is when you become a new account holder with an equity broker, you get a 2 in 1 account that serves the purpose for traders without complicating the process. This also eliminates the need for keeping additional user ids and passwords to manage online accounts.
To learn more about stock market investments, watch this NDTV video:
Benefits of an online trading account
With the digitisation of stock exchanges in India, leading stock market brokerage services started providing online trading account services to their clients. This move in turn benefits the brokers as well as the clients. The financial firms started using advanced technologies to manage their clients easily. Clients enjoy a bouquet of user-friendly services from reputed companies such as Tradebulls who provide a feature-rich online trading account.
Some of the key benefits of an online trading account are as follows:
· Buy or Sell shares in real-time without losing the trading opportunity.
· Trade from anywhere, anytime with a pack of high-end tools and applications.
· Keep track of your trading activities to create better trading strategies.
· Monitor the performance of your shares and the share prices of the listed companies you are interested in with the screeners available on your trading platform
· Gain access to market news, research reports and updates through your trading platform
How to open an online demat account and an online trading account?
With technology, the process for opening an online demat account and an online trading account has become almost paperless.
· You can fill-up an online form for opening an account.
· Complete the necessary documentation and KYC details as required.
· Your equity firm will send you the details to access your newly created online demat account and online trading account
· Start trading using your new online trading account!
To open an online trading account with Tradebulls, a leading financial services firm, visit
Don’t forget to post your queries related to demat and trading account in the comments section.